Information on the company
Founded in 1999 by a London-based beauty entrepreneur, our client is a luxury skincare group based in Chelsea that specialises in treatments targeted to specific skin concerns. Their products are sold through 20,000 doors across 35 countries worldwide in the most prestigious stores and their campaigns are fronted by high profile celebrities including Kylie Jenner.
This is a graduate job with a starting salary of £22-24k, depending on experience.
Key responsibilities of the role;
To assist the New Product Development Department in all matters relating to product development and product lifecycle management; including but not limited to, project organization, global product registration, business communication, and administration.
Day-to-day activities will include;
- Assisting with development project and reporting directly to the Head of New Product Development for approvals.
- Filing and organisation of paperwork for all development projects assigned.
- Assisting with CPAs creation and management throughout development to track project timelines to achieve launch timings. This includes helping to identify risks and responsibilities.
- Liaising with R&D, supply chain, and contract manufacturers to ensure projects are delivered on time and maintaining an awareness and record of delivery dates throughout the development projects.
- Assisting with costings, liaising with manufacturers, and tracking cost history, providing all info to the Head of New Product Development.
- Developing long-term relationships with key suppliers.
- Working with suppliers to gather all technical data for product folders.
- Assisting with the sourcing of components and maintaining an awareness of innovation in packaging trends.
- Staying up-to-date with regulatory changes and ensure all files are held on IDrive in line with these regulations.
- Co-ordinating with the Chemist and Safety Assessors testing requirements.
- Creating and managing Substantiation Packs for all New Product Development and exiting products where changes take place -dissecting complex scientific data and taking the time to understand the formula to recite in a consumer-friendly manner.
- Tracking and managing new product and packaging samples.
- Working with the design team on new and existing packaging artworks briefs.
- Proof reading all artworks to a print-ready standard.
- Helping with the global registration of all allocated products including collation of documents and certificate management and distribution.
- Carrying out competitor research for new projects.
- Maintaining an awareness of trend drivers, competitor launches and beauty news.
- Contributing to the overall direction and strategy of the business.
- Carrying out additional duties when reasonably requested and where necessary within the defined levels of responsibility and accountability of the role.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications;
- Graduate with a degree in Cosmetic Science, Chemistry, or related.
- Passionate about developing skincare and makeup.
- Positive, proactive, and organised.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A charismatic relationship builder.
- Strong prioritisation and time management skills.
- Engaged within the business and has a flexible approach to work.
- Professional and identifies with the brand.
- Intermediate to advanced IT skills in Microsoft Office.
- Experience or knowledge of the beauty and/or luxury industries would be an advantage.