Title: Community Management Internship | Social Media Agency | North London
Industry: Creative industries
Role/Sector: Account management | Advertising | Marketing
Location: North London
Placement: Internship (going permanent)
Duration: 3 months
Paid or Expenses: Paid
Salary: £14,400 (per annum)
Information on the company
A social media agency who work closely with their clients to manage social media strategy, advertising and creative content creation. Clients include Microsoft, NBC Universal and Sony to name three.
This is a 3 month internship paying £1,200 per month with the potential of converting to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the company as a Community Manager Intern, assisting the Community Management team who are responsible for working with clients on social media strategy, content creation, reporting and optimisation. This is a great internship for a recent graduate looking to develop knowledge and experience as an Account Manager and/or in Social Media Strategy.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and be responsible for include:
• Working towards a client brief and campaign target you will research and produce content marketing pieces for different social media channels.
• Learn how to use social media analytical tools for optimising content strategy.
• Help with social media strategy and the daily scheduling of content in line with strict brand guidelines.
• Learn about moderation of social media engagement and comments in line with brand guidelines.
• Provide regular insight and campaign strategy reporting in line with the client’s targets and agreed key performance indicators.
What are the ideal intern’s personality, skills and qualifications?
• Educated to degree level, subjects involving writing and proof reading are preferred due to the type of work involved in this job.
• A high attention to detail.
• The ability to proofread and effectively check grammar.
• Strong verbal and written command of English.
• Prior content writing, proof reading or marketing experience would be a bonus but not a pre-requisite.
• Someone with a keen interest in the power of social media and looking to develop experience using these channels in a professional and commercial capacity.
• Someone with a positive approach to work, eager to learn lots of new skills in a short space of time.
• Comfortable working with MS Excel and PowerPoint.
• The ability to multitask and prioritise workload when required.
What are the perks of working at this company?
• Work with a team of over 30 creative minds from really fun and friendly offices, offering free fruit, nuts, tea, coffee and a breakfast club.
• Twice per week a personal trainer is available for group sessions free of charge.
• A monthly team outing e.g. wine tasting, karaoke, dinner etc.
• A summer and Christmas party.
• In this internship you will be given focused training and the appropriate level of working responsibility to hone new skills in a commercial environment, whilst working on live campaigns for brands of all types and size.
• As more and more businesses rely on social media channels to engage and understand their customers, this is a fantastic area of digital media to develop your career in.